follow me on twitter

Sunday, January 20, 2013

high fat green smoothie

“What is in that?” is a question I get a lot.

Here's exactly how I make my favorite smoothie.

  • 1 cup water
  • .25 cup heavy cream
  • .5 tbsp coconut oil
  • 5 – 6 ice cubes
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • 2 scoops Whole Foods 365 Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 tsp L-glutamine
  • 2 – 3 cups spinach (I don’t measure, just pack in a bunch of spinach)
I have a vitamix (best blender ever) that completely pulverizes this into a delicious green drink.
total: 560 calories, 6g carb (fiber subtracted), 41g fat, 39g pro

I won’t be hungry for hours and hours and hours after this, including getting through my morning workout(s).

For early mornings, I pre-measure the dry ingredients (everything after ice cubes) into a container and keep in the fridge overnight. When I am half asleep at 5 a.m. I all I have to do is dump it in the blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment