follow me on twitter

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Green Smoothie II

I am getting too much protein now that I have started eating more animal products. Too much protein leads to gluconeogenesis, meaning it turns to carbs. This is exactly what I am trying to avoid. So I have modified my green smoothie to be lower in protein. This is tart, smooth, and delicious.

Green Smoothie II

  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • .5 cup whole milk greek yogurt
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • .5 tbsp coconut oil
  • .5 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 tsp L-glutamine
  • huge handful of leafy greens (spinach, kale, etc)
  • 5-6 ice cubes

    Blend in vitamix.

    400 cal, 12 g carb, 32 g fat, 16 g pro, 5 g fiber
    (7 grams of carbs net, even less if you don’t count all of the carbs in yogurt)

    My original protein recipe is here. It is amazing, very filling, and will be my go-to drink before a long ride or other hard workout. But on days when my intake needs are lower I am going with this new version.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment