follow me on twitter

Friday, February 15, 2013

rethinking my spring schedule

Having lived with my proposed February schedule for a few weeks, I don't like it. So I am changing it up.
  • Monday: Swim. Swim. (double!)
  • Tuesday: Long run. Lift (shoulders/triceps/core).
  • Wednesday: off
  • Thursday: Swim. Lift (back/biceps/ankle).
  • Friday: Yoga. Short run. Swim (pm).
  • Saturday: Yoga. Spin. Lift (chest/legs/core).
  • Sunday: fun day. Do some stuff -- bike ride, long walk with dog, run with family, yoga, etc.
Saturday and Sunday can be flipped around depending on the weather and what group rides are planned, etc. I like having flexible weekends and getting my two big workouts over with Monday and Tuesday.  I wish there was more time for yoga. This may seem a little shy on bike workouts but if the weather is decent I ride my bike to get around and those add up.

Totals
4x swim
1-2x bike + commuting
2x run
2-3x yoga
3x lift

I am going to try this and see how it goes; if this works I'll continue it through March.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've thoroughly thought this through, my friend. Why am I not surprised?! :-)

    ReplyDelete