follow me on twitter

Sunday, March 31, 2013

easter

All three of us are atheist yet both my husband and son insist on celebrating Easter. And for some reason I go along with it.

Spent the morning preparing stuff for Easter dinner.

1) Made a low carb cheesecake pie.

Blend:
3 packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
4 eggs
2 tbsp real vanilla extract
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup erythritol
36 drops liquid stevia

This makes enough for a full cheesecake pie plus two or three extra little ramekins of cheesecake. Mix 1.5 cups almond flour with 2 tbsp melted butter and press into the sides of a pie plate for a crust. Put a pan of water on the bottom rack of the oven and preheat to 325. Bake for 30 minutes, turn off oven and let it sit in there for an hour. Cool in fridge. I'll serve with fresh strawberries.

2) Put together a  low carb cheesy broccoli casserole.

3) Boiled eggs and dyed them with my kid.

4) Made mashed cauliflower topped with a little cheese that I will bake alongside the casserole later.

5) Prepped for my vegetarian son's favorite meal: chickpea cutlets, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and gravy (def not low carb).

We bought a small pasture-raised local organic ham yesterday. It really is unbelievably expensive to eat right.

Unfortunately my stupid blister is making walking difficult so I am not working out very much today. Will foam roll and stretch and do some swim-specific dryland exercises with resistance bands later.

Yesterday I napped from 3 - 7 p.m. and then went to bed at 9 p.m. and slept until 7 a.m. this morning. I was exhausted from the trip to Philly. I can't believe "spring break" is over -- so much for that.





No comments:

Post a Comment