follow me on twitter

Friday, March 8, 2013

NSNG

I stumbled across a great podcast sometime in January, thanks to a friend who is also an athlete doing the same nutrition experiment as I am.

Vinnie Tortorich and his cohost Anna Vocino do a fantastic podcast called "America's Angriest Trainer." ← check out the embedded links, trust me.

The podcast is approx 75% BSing about random stuff and 25% fitness info but the fitness info is spot-on and the rambling is hilarious. Definitely NSFW and if you don't like swearing and raunchy humor, don't bother. But then again, if you don't like those things you probably don't like me, either.

Vinnie's philosophy is very simple, "No Sugar No Grains" (NSNG). I like the fact that he doesn't over complicate it. And he is another example of an athlete who has done incredible things on a ketogenic diet -- beating leukemia and competing in the toughest ultra-cycling event in the US,  Furnace Creek 508to name a few.

Sometimes when people look at me like I am crazy for not carb loading for endurance training, it's nice to know I am not alone. This podcast is super funny, chocked with solid info on nutrition and fitness, and easily passes the time on a long run or ride. Give it a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment