follow me on twitter

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

green smoothie iii

Third variation on a green smoothie. Version 1 and 2 linked here and here.

All three are great but this one is dairy free (except for whey protein). I cut back on my yogurt consumption; now I would rather eat it than drink it. I feel the same way about berries which is why there is no fruit in my smoothie recipes.

Green Smoothie III

  • Huge handful of spinach + whatever other veggies I have handy like broccoli, kale, cucumber...
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 scoop 365 vanilla whey protein powder (this has no sugar and no artificial sweeteners)
  • 1 oz raw almonds
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 0.5 tbsp chia seeds
  • A few drops of liquid stevia (optional, when I use kale I like a little stevia to cut the bitterness)
  • 1 tsp L-glutamine (I take it for my torn tendon, but according to the interwebs it does all kinds of stuff, who knows?)



Stick it all in the vitamix with some ice cubes.


And voila! I took this to work so I used a recycled yogurt container to carry it in. 


470 calories, 16g carb, 36g fat, 27g pro, 10g fiber

I drank this at 11 a.m. today and wasn't hungry again until after 6 p.m. This afternoon I taught two back-to-back two hour lectures which is a fairly intense schedule but I had plenty of energy (plus teaching is awesome).


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. go for it! put a little coal on the fire and move the train down the tracks John. :)

      Delete