follow me on twitter

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

yoga and strength training

Came across an interesting study this morning in the peer-reviewed literature, Bikram yoga training and physical fitness in healthy young adults, right as I was on my way out the door to the 6 a.m. class.
"In summary, this short-term yoga training protocol produced beneficial changes in musculoskeletal fitness that were specific to the training stimulus."
Good timing since I did a strength workout when I got home. Usually Tuesday is my long run day but I am still waiting for this huge blister to heal so I changed things up a bit.

I feel like I am going to just enough yoga to barely undo the damage I am doing to my body from running. I miss having the time in my schedule to go to Bikram 4x/week.

What did I eat today?
Breakfast: whole fat greek yogurt with strawberries, coffee with cream that I whipped myself.
Lunch: grass-fed beef burger, leftover broccoli casserole.
Snack: peanut butter from the jar (not a good choice!), strawberries.
Dinner: leftover salad - ham, hardboiled eggs, cheese, tomatoes, broccoli, romaine.

Unfortunately I spent hours and hours with no break working at my computer today; my concussion, even though almost a year old, really doesn't like it when I do that.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the past weight loss! I am a new low carber and I'm looking forward to seeing some advice or tips on low carb recipes or fitness! I will be for sure trying that broccoli casserole!
    pa2zu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welcome! thanks for the link to your blog :)

      Delete