follow me on twitter

Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving


After an entire month of dinner blogs I am throwing in the towel. Yesterday was Thanksgiving. I avoided wheat entirely but did have a small amount of sugar. We made a 32 lb turkey that we got from a local organic farm stuffed with gluten free cornbread stuffing.

I made cranberry sauce with the least amount of sugar possible: 1 bag of cranberries, 1/2 cup OJ, 1/3 cup sugar. I made pumpkin pie with only 1/2 cup of sugar in the entire recipe. Same with apple crisp, just a small amount of sugar in the almond flour crisp topping. We had yams, green beans, spinach casserole, and turkey. This was way more than I usually eat and I felt gross afterwards. 

I guess it helps me to appreciate how I eat day-to-day. 


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I absolutely refuse to participate in Black Friday.

      Delete
  2. Could you point me to the pumpkin pie recipe with only 1/2c sugar?

    Been a while since I read your blog, but was reminded of it when I decided to commit myself to a marathon swim series in May. I've been LCHF for many months now but haven't done any long swims, so I'm wondering what in the world I'm going to eat on my feeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the pie:
      http://glutenfreeanna.blogspot.com/2013/11/paleo-pumpkin-pie.html

      On the feeds I suggest you check out the UCan superstarch
      http://www.generationucan.com/

      Delete